Non Surgical FaceLift using PDO Threads
At Total Body Care we provide a premium thread lift treatment, which uses Polydioxanone (PDO) to create a natural, fresher and younger looking face. Often referred to as the “20 minute lift” due to its simplicity and minimal downtime. Our non surgical facelift procedures using premium threads are performed by medical aesthetic doctors.
The following video clip shows the Practitioner performing a thread based non surgical facelift procedure to the lower eyelid using premium threads:
In most cases the improvement after nonsurgical facelift treatment with thread lift is noticeable in weeks:
What is the procedure?
A local anaesthetic is administered to ensure the patient is comfortable. The procedure involves the insertion of the premium thread under the skin via a very fine needle or one of our specifically designed cannulas.
The threads work in 3 ways:
- Thread anchor points hold the tissue and provide the lifting when they are under tension.
- Mechanical stimulation of the cells in the skin occurs following the insertion of the threads into the dermis or subcutaneous tissue.
- As the threads dissolve, the biomedical properties of the PDO promotes the generation of collagen to maintain the lifting effect and improve skin tone.
This effective non-surgical facelift technique can treat the following areas on and around the face:
- Nasolabial folds (above the lips and below the nostrils)
- the corners of the mouth (the Oral commissures)
- the Neck
- the chin and jowels area
- the peri-oral
- eye bags and tear trough, eyebrows.
The price of thread lift treatment will vary considerably depending on how many threads are used, the area being treated and the desired end result.
In your initial consultation, the Aesthetic Doctor will discuss your requirements and advise you of the price of the treatment. As a guide, prices for a full non surgical facelift using PDO threads normally start at £850.
Lifts for smaller areas of the face will be lower in price.
Post Treatment Advice
Immediately after treatment
Apply cold compress if required
- Avoid make up for 24 hours and when patient start to apply make-up be careful and mindful of threads
- Wash face very carefully and avoid face creams and lotions for 24 hours
Post procedure after care
Patients are advised to:
- Restrict facial movements (for 1-3 weeks)
- Avoid hot drinks and hard foods that require a lot of chewing (hot drinks for 48 hours and hard foods for 1-3 weeks)
- Sleep in an upright position, face up, to reduce swelling (3-7 nights)
- Avoid strenuous exercise
- Use SPF 30 when leaving the house to avoid post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (for 1-3 weeks)
- Avoid dental appointments as well as facial appointments as facial and mouth movements should be restricted (for at least four weeks)
- Paracetamol should be advised to patients for post procedure discomfort. NSAIDs like ibuprofen should be avoided because inflammation is necessary for fibrosis (for 7 days)
- No alcohol for 3-7 days’ post treatment
- No heat treatments including sauna and sun beds for 7 days.
Scientific & Clinical Research:
Details will be provided shortly.