Dietary & Wellbeing Advice
Our team of therapists are available at our Clinics to advise you on how to look and feel your best through improvements in your diet, lifestyle and general well-being. The Total Body Care Clinics operate with multi-disciplinary teams, which means we are able to provide you with comprehensive and more complete advice from across our team of Doctors, Pharmacists, Nutritionists and other specialists.
We provide a range of advice and treatments that focus on helping you reap the many benefits from having a balanced and nutritious diet, becoming and keeping fit to a level that works best for you and living a healthier lifestyle. Our experienced Nutritional Therapists are trained in the principles of functional medicine, which seeks to identify and address the root cause of symptoms and disease rather than simply treat the symptoms. Each therapist is able to work with you to assess your overall health and agree a course of action that can provide you with the results you are looking for.
Our services include:
- Nutritional and Dietary Advicefor a range of areas, including:
- Weight Loss
- Digestive Health
- High Blood Pressure
- Female and Hormonal health
- Skin health
- Low Energy levels
- Thyroid and Adrenal health
- Autoimmune conditions.
- Acupressure Treatments – Acupressure uses gentle to firm finger pressure on the meridians and points on the body, whilst Acupuncture uses needles. Acupressure is a way of accessing and releasing blocked or congested energy centres in the body, including reflex points on the soles of the feet which is ideal for people who cannot or do not want a full body Acupressure treatment or massage.
- Acupressure Massage – A full body massage with essential oils to allow for skin, muscles and tissues to be massaged, as well as working on the meridians and points on the body.
- Wellness checkswhich include:
- Blood Pressure Check
- Cholesterol Check
- Blood Sugar Testing
- Urine Test
- Lorisian Food intolerance tests – specialised tests aimed at those that may have food intolerances, and those who want to optimise their diets by avoiding any foods that they are reacting to. Over 45% of the population react adversely to foods that they eat, which whilst not life threatening, can have a massive impact on someone’s quality of work and home life. The way that food can affect our everyday life is often difficult to explain and it is common for people to try and eliminate foods from their diet to help themselves feel better. Often they don’t know which foods to try and eliminate and have to guess. Many people don’t know that identifying food intolerances can be an important element of optimising health and wellbeing.
- DNAFit tests – a range of DNA orientated tests that can enable you to benefit from personalised plans/programmes based on your DNA and genes to help you lose weight, improve fitness and train for specific outcomes.
- Private Laboratory Testing – Full laboratory testing can be ordered for a wide range of ailments with the results for many tests ready from within one to three days
During initial consultations with you, our Nutritionists and Therapists can provide you with further information about the advice and treatments we provide, including any follow-up recommendations.
We provide a range of Nutrition and Dietary advice, treatments and packages – please
contact us to request further information or book an appointment and a member of the team will get back in touch with you to provide further details and pricing information.
Please do note that the prices for any laboratory tests vary and, if any tests are necessary, they will be discussed as part of your initial consultation.
If you are interested in any of the services we provide at Total Body Care, or you simply want to find out more, please do get in touch as we encourage all enquires and hope to help you further. Call us or send us an email today, or book in for a consultation.